Creating an Ecological Sustainable Retirement Resort is a win for the developer, the people and the planet
Zingspace increases yield, lowers construction cost and improves open green space network in this Prime Trust retirement residential development
Concepts such as WSUD, use of native vegetation and integrative planning, have allowed our client to decrease its carbon footprint and promote sustainable living.
- - engineer oriented approach to planning, which results in poorly defined suburban space
- - stormwater management, being on its own a challenge in tropical environment, is exacerbated by extensive hard surfaces and engineered stormwater network
- - fragmented areas intersected by roads don’t satisfy public open space criteria
- - lack of authentic local elements results in lack of identity
- - sustainability goals not achieved: the client wanted to promote the retirement resort as a sustainability exemplar.